Community

Page: 2

Musicians and animals. There’s something special about animals that musicians (and all humans) love. Is it the way how they keep us calm and secure in our surroundings? Their temperament? Or it is just simply their appearance? The answer? Yes, all the above. I’m an animal lover. I’ve a dog and plenty of cats to […]

When I first saw St. Baldrick’s, and the people shaving their heads on TV a few years ago, I thought there was some actual Saint Baldrick, and it must’ve been some fraternal thing. After all, I shaved my head with my buddies when one of them was going into the Navy. Of course I’m not […]

Art doesn’t roost in between staff lines on sheet music, nor can it fit squarely on a palette, or the tip of a pencil. Art is constantly moving, constantly breaking the next barrier. In fact, so much of our lives are shaped by art as we drive down the street, we forget that it’s even […]

Happy Holidays to my family, friends, and followers. Thank you, readers, for following “Around Town with Amy Modesti”. I am thankful for your friendship, support, and acceptance in what I do personally and creatively. I’m thankful for good health, family & close friends.  I’m thankful to be surrounded by good people who care for each […]

It’s that time of the year again for the Radio Radio X  “Top 5 Xperience”.  We asked staff, local musicians, artists ,our advertisers and sponsors, readers and listeners and now you, for a Top 5 list.   Create your own top 5 category (see below for ideas or make up a new one),   top […]

‘Tis the season of giving thanks and gratitude for the things that we are most thankful for. Most Americans are thankful for good health, a home to live in, money to survive, and plenty of food to eat and live on for their daily needs. However, many individuals aren’t as fortunate to have any food […]

After a 5 year stint of doing a three hour radio program, I hit a wall of sorts. Working a full time job as Director of Tourism & Special Events for Rensselaer County, booking bands/ promoting shows with 6String Music Management, doing a weekly radio show, and trying to give some time to my family […]

Hi readers!! Welcome to my blog, “Around Town with Amy Modesti”!! I am looking forward to sharing my latest adventures “around town” with you and to all of the listeners who have been keeping up with what is happening around the Capital Region music scene here on “RadioRadioX”!! I had the idea to start a […]

Let us take a minute  talk about your favorite band. Have you ever wondered why you love  them so much? Every time they come to town you buy a ticket and go see them live. You own every single thing they have ever recorded and they never let you down! But what if one day […]

In the mid’80’s, BUZZ MAGAZINE graced the counters of local establishments, fostering the local arts/music scene alongside national acts. Musicians anticipated their photos and reviews, while nascent writers looked for bylines. Real George’s Back Room was the companion animal to Buzz, a widely viewed cable access show, on the same premise. Several episodes have recently […]

Current track

Title

Artist